Saturday, December 27, 2008

How to Spend a Saturday



























I get to where I just wander from project to project.

I woke up this morning, made a pot of coffee, and had every intention of sitting down and writing in my journal, which I've forgotten once or twice over Christmas. But I sat down at the computer to check my email and somehow found myself deciding, instead, to write Sally a letter the old-fashioned way, by hand. However, I didn't have any stationary that suited me, so the next I knew, I was making snowflake stationary in Photoshop. (It's very pretty!) And from there I decided to take photographs of my dirty and cluttered house, so I could send them with the letter I was going to write to Sally so she would know how much I loved her since I was going to write to her instead of clean my house. Somehow, after taking the photographs, I became determined to clean first and write later, so I started in on the living room, and swept the floors, and then got a bucket of hot water and cleaner and cleaned the dusty wood stove since it was warm enough today to not be using it. And then I cleaned the hearth, and vacuumed the rugs. Next, I came into the kitchen, started cleaning that and noticed how jumbled and topsy turvy my appliance cabinet had become. The next thing I knew, I'd taken all of the stuff out of it and sprayed and wiped it clean, too. Then I thought about what a shame it is that I didn't have any shelf paper to line it with ... I've always meant to do that. And I remembered how much extra fabric I have, and so I got to measuring and cutting and stitching on the sewing machine and now that it's almost midnight, I've got a really nice cabinet all sorted out with orderly appliances and fabric velcroed to the floor of the cabinet and to the shelf BUT ... I haven't even started my letter to Sally on my nice new pretty stationary! ARRGHHH!

Does this happen to you, too? Or is it just me?

No comments: